Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Speed Drawing of A Forest Landscape with artist Andrew

Total drawing time (approx): 7 hours

editing time (approx): 30 min.

Time from beginning to end was eight days. I used different types of pencils, mostly mechanical, a small blending stick, and a charcoal highlighter. 

The paper used was a random sized piece of Bristol Vellum.

I have been drawing for years now, however i have only been drawing landscapes for about eight months.

The positions of the trees in this drawing are based on a drawing by Greg K Olsen

The drawing changes positions at the end because it was filmed upside-down, I have to film it like that because I hang my camera from a shelf above my desk. The image at the end is the completed right-side-up still that I took after I finished the drawing :-)


http://drew1942.webs.com/